Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sore Tummy and Ovaries

What to Expect After Egg Collection


Well so much for thinking that I was feeling better from egg collection. The rest and relaxation has been good but it has ruined my weekend in terms of achieving anything. I am still feeling out of sorts with a bloated stomach and sore ovaries.

This is one of the not so pleasant aspects of IVF. I assume it is worse when there is a higher number of eggs collected but given I produce lots of eggs I have not way of comparing.

Usually it takes a couple of days to recover but this recovery is actually taking longer than normal. The key here is to keep drinking water (plenty of it) and panadol (less of it).

Maybe that Panadol I took when I wrote my earlier blog gave me false hope. In any case, I am hoping I am better tomorrow as I am back to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment