Monday, August 31, 2009

A Positive Thing About IVF

No need to monitor ovulation


One delicious thing I like about IVF, is that it actually gives me a break from trying to work put when I am ovulating. Seriously! I mean the good thing is that the clinic does all checking and I don't have to monitor anything. I just have to turn up and follow instructions. Given I am a naturally lazy person, this suits me down to the ground.

It also suits me because I work in a job where I am always monitoring everything - from managing and tracking how a project is running to reviewing and analysing sales data. For me, not monitoring anything is like a dream come true! Hand holding at work is not something I enjoy.

Unfortunately when I am not doing IVF, I am back to monitoring and tracking my menstrual cycle. For some reason, I still have some glimmer of hope that I will conceive naturally even though I know that in our case it is highly unlikely. So with this in mind, I now find myself painstakingly recording the results of urine tests and fertility microscopes. The problem is that I've been monitoring my cycle for a number of days and it is now day 19 and I still haven't ovulated. Although this is not uncommon following IVF treatment, I am impatient for my cycle to get back on track.

In any case, my plan of attack has been to ambush my husband and coerce him into having sex with me more frequently. Such a task I know!! He hasn't complained yet but I suspect that he has not really appreciated the fact that he has had less sleep. Such is the joy of trying to conceive.

No comments:

Post a Comment