Friday, September 4, 2009

Police Record Check IVF Anger

Police record checks for IVF patients


In an earlier blog, I highlighted that prospective parents planning to do IVF must undergo police records before commencing treatment. I mentioned that I thought the laws were very biased. It seems I am not alone in my views.

What's worse is that now that the new laws have come into effect, according to my IVF nurse there is apparently a 10 week waiting period before the people who have requested Police Record Checks will get them. Seems that while the government has made these laws they have not accounted for extra people to process higher levels of demand.

Fortunately, because of this backlog myself and other women planning to undergo will still be able to do treatment despite not having a police record check. That is a huge relief as it would mean that I would not be able to start treatment until mid November.

There has been comprehensive news coverage about this. For more information, see the article in The Age on IVF.

No comments:

Post a Comment