Monday, September 7, 2009

Diet Plan Working

Weight Loss and Improving Chances of Conception


One week of solid nutritious eating on a low calorie plan and exercising has seen me lose just over 1 kilo over the past week. How exciting! I am now officially overweight not obese. Funny how a one kilo weight loss can move you from being obese to overweight according the a BMI calculator. Psychologically, being overweight sounds better than obese!

In any case, I still have a long way to go. In fact, I am aiming to get my weight back into the healthy weight range to help improve my chances of conception. By my count that means losing about 12 kilos (2 stone). With a bit of luck I should be able to get close to that goal by the end of year. I can then kick start the new year with another round of IVF. I've tried everything else so might as well try the weight loss option which according to research is one of the most significant reasons why IVF fails.

Surprisingly, I have not felt overly hungry. Well - I did for the first couple of days but my body has now adjusted to the portion sizes I am now eating. I am having 5 small meals a day rather than 3 large ones and this seems to have stopped me from thinking about snacking on lollies and chocolate in between meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment