Sunday, July 26, 2009

Losing My Medicine

Losing IVF Medication


Oh dear! I am using a new injectable medicine called Orgalutran. This is an antagonist medication that prevents ovulation.

The medication comes in the form of a syringe rather than a nasal spray. The syringe is not adjustable like some of the pen style syringes where you can adjust the dosage. This little baby is all ready to go. In most cases, you are supposed to depress the syringe until the air comes out and there is a little droplet of the medicine at the end of the syringe.

The only trouble is that I pushed it too far and it seemed to me like a gush of medicine came out. At $83 per injection and the risk of ovaluating this is not good news.

Fortunately on closer inspection, it does not seem like I lost more than a third of the medication so I injected it anyway. What else could I do. Its the weekend. I rationalise that it is early days and I only had my scan today and only 2 follicles were 14mm while the other 28 were still pretty small. Since its the weekend and the clinic is closed on Sunday, I will tell me nurse tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment